VISUAL ARTS ASSISTANT
A Visual Arts Assistant provides valuable service to the Department Chair by assisting with the practical needs as well as offering valuable insight to students. Through hands on training in the specific arenas of discipleship and administration, a Visual Arts Assistant develops well rounded skills applicable to many aspects of ministry.
Positions Available: 1
Timeframe and Commitment: August 5, 2020 - May 5, 2021 (4-6 weekly hours)
• Take attendance at all VA classes and events via Populi
• Grade assignments under given curriculum via Populi
• Set up of technology or media needs
• Assist the Teacher and reinforce instruction taught in classroom
• Oversee all needed communication to students concerning class assignments, announcements, schedule adjustments, etc
• Help develop and execute in-class creative projects
• Assist with organizing VA portion of Creative Worship Nights
• Work with RSM Evangelism and Outreach Assistant to help coordinate ministry opportunities for PA.
• Assist with End of Year Gallery submission, setup, and breakdown.
• Personal investment and interaction with students
• Attend regular and impromptu RSM faculty and staff meetings
As a Visual Arts Assistant, you will have hands on ministry experience, specifically in the arenas of visual arts, service, administration, and discipleship. This will further your understanding of ministering to the eyes through art as well as strengthen your abilities within administration and practical ministry. You will also receive personal discipleship, teaching and relational investment from RSM staff and faculty.